How to Parent A Teen
Coaching Program Packages
Delivering expert advice and solutions designed specifically for parents of teens, in a supportive and non-judgmental manner. I offer 3 different Coaching Program Packages. Read below to determine which package best addresses your current situation so that you receive the most appropriate and effective coaching based on the level of support needed.
Parenting Support Program
- Do you have increasing concerns about your teen?
- Are you scared about where things are headed with your teen?
- Do you have some level of worry, frustration or fear about your teen's behaviors?
- Are you just not sure what to do or how to respond to your teen at times?
- Do you feel like you are losing connection with your teen?
- Are you wanting to change things now before they get worse and become highly problematic?
Parenting Intensive Program
- Do you have chronic concerns about your teen?
- Do you have chronic frustration, fear of worry about your teen?
- Do you feel like you don't even know your teen anymore?
- Do you feel like you are "losing" or have "lost" your teenager?
- Do you know that something different needs to happen because things are not getting better or are even getting worse?
- Do you want a more intensive level of support that will help you address and change behaviors more quickly?
Couples Intensive Program
- As a couple, are you experiencing concern and confusion about your teen's behavior?
- Are you in chronic disagreement about how to parent your teen?
- Do you feel like your relationship is suffering because of your teen?
- Do you recognize that your inconsistent parenting is not helping you get your teen's behavior under control?
- Do you want to learn to parent effectively as a team?
- Are you ready to improve your relationship with your partner and your teen?
Many parents of teenagers report feeling judged or criticized for what they are or are not doing as a parent. This program is not about judging you. My coaching is about identifying what you would like to change, and then developing a concrete action plan to get you the results you want. I will partner with you and provide you with expert advice, ongoing support and I will teach you strategies that consistently help parents of teens see results. Through coaching with me, you will understand the "why" behind your teen's behaviors, regain control, improve your relationship with your teen and RESTORE PEACE OF MIND DURING THE TEENAGE YEARS.
Parent Success Story
All I can say is that I was scared and frustrated and really thought that my 17 year old daughter was never going to get back on track. I did not know if what she was doing was normal for kids today but I knew that she was getting into trouble and she did not seem to care – it was like she was a whole different person.
I cried a lot and yelled a lot too. A friend of a friend told me about How To Parent A Teen and I decided to give Karen a call. After talking to her for 10 minutes to find out what she did, I decided to sign up for coaching.
It seemed like Karen had “seen it all” with teenagers and she helped me figure out what was a problem and what I was just overreacting to. She never told me what my rules should be but helped me figure out what I wanted them to be and then I learned how to make them stick. I am most grateful that I worked with Karen though because she has a background in therapy with teenagers.
When we talked about my daughter she saw some “red flags” that something may have happened to her and then she told me what to do about it.
Things are really good with us now and I feel like I have my kid back. I know that she needs to grow up and be her own person and that I have to let go of some things (that is what I am working on!) but I trust her and trust that she will let me know if she needs help. I feel like I am part of her life the way I should be and that we are both going to be OK.
Brenda - California
Parent Success Story
Working with Karen as our coach has made such a difference for us. We were not agreeing about how to deal with our 14 year old son’s behavior and we were fighting a lot.
Our son was putting a wedge between us and knew how to get us to disagree and fight which took the attention off him. Karen was great at helping us not only see this but then helped us to change it. She gave us things to try and practice which made all the difference for us.
Things are so much better now – we “parent as a team” as Karen likes to say and we feel supported by one another.
We never would have guessed we needed a “coach” for our parenting but I don’t know what we would have done without it since our son is only 14! Our house is so much calmer and our son is doing so much better because we are consistent and he is no longer testing us the way he used to.
Craig and Linda - Massachusetts
Click below to get the details of my most popular coaching program
If you are worried, sad, frustrated and/or feeling ineffective and disrespected, this coaching program will offer you the maximum support to get things back on track as quickly as possible.
CLICK BELOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEARN HOW TO GAIN INDIVIDUAL ACCESS TO ME DAILY.
Parent Success Story
I had been having a bad time for over a year with my daughter who is 16. I felt like she hated me and her anger towards me was awful.
Everyone gave me suggestions about what to do, what not to do and tried to tell me why she was the way she was. I read books and went online and things kept getting worse.
I was miserable, the fighting was miserable and neither one of us was happy. She would yell at me and say things that really hurt my feelings but that also made me really mad at her too so then I said things that I should not have to her.
I have a younger child also and I know that things were not good for her because there was so much fighting and tension all the time.
I found How To Parent A Teen and decided to call and sign up for 3 months of coaching because I was so unhappy and frustrated and embarrassed at how bad things were. I can only say that I wish I had done it a year earlier.
Karen understood my situation and it was like she knew my daughter and understood everything she was doing and everything I was doing and feeling. Things have changed so much. My daughter and I now actually TALK and have fun together. I needed the weekly support to get to where we are today so that I would keep working at it and not give up when frustrated.
Deanna - New York